ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA)
ASEAN is an association of South East Asian Nations. Original member consist of 6 countries that are Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand, and later 4 new member countries that are Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia.
- Original 6 member countries had got to reduce tariffs band on all products under CEPT Inclusion List to 0-5% by the year 2003 and became 0 by the year 2015.
- Newer 4 member countries had got to reduce tariffs band on all products under CEPT Inclusion List to 0-5%, for Viet Nam had until 2006, Laos and Myanmar in 2008 and Cambodia in 2010, and all became 0 by the year 2015.
- Manufactured goods originating within exporter country.
- Manufactured goods not originating within exporter country but contains goods content originating within member countries at least 40% of FOB values of the products are considered originating within ASEAN member countries.
- Substantial transformation Rules of Origin for wheat flour, wood-based products, aluminum, iron and steel.
- Exported goods are required to be in CEPT Inclusion List.
- Exported goods are required to meet the applicable requirements in Rules of Origin and direct consignment rules.
- Form D certification is required.